Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Time flies when you're having fun!

Gosh, it's been over a month since my last post. Shameful! I mean really! I'm so sorry. I promise to do better for the remainder of my stay.
So, what's been going on during this time of complete radio silence? The first thing that comes to mind is "nothing much"?? Really?!!!? Seriously?!! That's just wrong. Hence, I decided to go through my pictures and oh! how the memories start to come back all of a sudden! :)
My OCD initially had me posting topics in a specific order but now it seems that ship has sailed and it's time to just roll with the flow and embrace the mentality of post before you forget! ;) Also, I figured with gorgeous pictures you might forget about the long silence. Therefore, let's go explore Xiao Wulai now!

The uni organised a day trip to the Xiao Wulai waterfall and sky footpath one weekend. The trip was dirt cheap with only 300 NT$ (8e) that covered buses, breakfast, lunch and the entrance to the park. Not bad. Upon arrival we were led to the park entrance, which was the sky footpath on top of a waterfall. No big deal. Let's think about that for a while with the help of the following pics.


After the first (yes, I said first) waterfall was seen and pics were taken and so on and so on, we moved on into the jungle! Okay, there were actual paths that made us sweat like crazy but took us to a variety of intriguing scenic spots. These included yet another spectacular waterfall, a slightly smaller but still fantastic waterfall and a river where you could cool off for a while. Not to mention the amazing scenes of the mountains and the buildings amongst them that feel completely out of place. Oh! I shouldn't forget the suspension bridge! That was so effing cool too! :) :)




That was basically it. Afterwards we went to a couple of different villages for lunch and shopping at the (night?) market, but the main "specularities" were in the jungle. Overall, it was an awesome day.

As a side note: now, what you should know about Taiwan is that it is basically only mountains and mountain trails with "water features" randomly sprouting up from nowhere. Perhaps this was somewhat crudely put, but you'll get the general idea. I hope... Hence, be prepared to see some fantastic pics in the future as well. ;) (Don't even get me started on the trip to the Taroko national park!)
Stay tuned for more awesomeness to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment